The mission of the Administrative Services Department is to provide professional support to City Management for making fiscal and organizational decisions necessary to plan and implement the optimum use of City resources, and provide external stakeholders with reports that demonstrate fiscal accountability in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Summary of Services
Reporting to the City Manager, the Administrative Services Department serves the Mayor and Council and City Management Team as Financial Manager, Budget Officer, and Accounting Manager.
Specifically, the Administrative Services Department is responsible for:
- Control and investment of cash
- Debt management
- Grant administration
- Maintenance of fixed asset records
- Maintenance of the general ledger accounting system
- Official Statements and special reports
- Preparation of financial studies
- Project maintenance and accounting
- Revenue collection and billings
- Special projects (i.e. franchise fee compliance and public service utility tax analysis)
At year-end, this department prepares the City’s annual financial statements for audit by the City’s Independent Certified Public Accountants and publishes the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
The responsibilities of the Administrative Services department are distributed among the various functions/divisions. Learn more about the divisions.