Garage Sale Permits
A Garage Sale permit is not required
until further notice due to COVID 19
No garage sale shall be conducted unless and until the person designated to conduct such sale shall obtain a Garage Sale Permit from the Administrative Services Department Cashier’s Office.
- No more than 4 garage sales are permitted at one residence during a calendar year. The City’s Code Enforcement Department maintains a listing of garage sales for each address.
- A Garage Sale Permit is valid only for the address and date(s) listed on the permit and each permit shall not exceed 3 consecutive days.
- The property to be sold is owned by the applicant’s as his/her own personal property and was neither acquired nor consigned for the purpose of resale.
- Off-premise signs are not permitted. One sign of not more than four square feet shall be permitted to be displayed on the property of the residence where the garage sale is being conducted.
Permits are issued at the Administrative Services Department Office Cashier’s Office located within City Hall. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The person conducting the sale will provide the following information when applying for the permit:
- Full name and address of the applicant. (Must have a driver’s license or official ID that can be copied)
- The location at which the proposed garage sale is to be held
- The date(s) upon which the sale shall be held
There is an administrative processing fee of $ 2 for the issuance of a Garage Sale Permit.
For an additional fee of $5 the City will list the permitted address and date(s) of your sale in the following locations:
- Upcoming Garage Sales
- COStv (Comcast Ch 25 [Sebastian area only], ATT UVerse Ch 99)
Advertising requests will be accepted and processed until the close of business on Wednesdays for the upcoming weekend.
Additional information regarding codes and ordnances for garage sales can be obtained at Municode