In recent years, Sebastian Municipal Airport has seen a vast amount of infrastructure improvements. Some of these include:
- ADS-B Next Gen Tower installation and activation.
- Complete Perimeter Fencing with five electric gates
- Completed project to add new roadway, taxiway and infrastructure on east of airport using Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) grant. This will provide future space for hangers and light manufacturing.
- Completion of new LoPresti Aviation manufacturing facility and hanger.
- Construct new airport maintenance building for all airport equipment
- Construction and Activation of Runway 10-28
- Construction of 40 T-hangars
- Construction of General Aviation Terminal and Administrative Offices
- Construction of a new Hanger C to be completed by spring 2016.
- Eastside renovation with new entrance road/landscaping, new location for golf course maintenance building and building sites for new small businesses. This project will be completed by early 2016.
- Fall 2012 the FAA published GPS approaches for Runways 5-23.
- FDOT/FAA grant to rehabilitate Runway 5-23 completed March 1, 2010
- Florida DOT grant for second new hanger/manufacturing facility of up to $1.45 million. Hanger completed October 2011.
- Implementation of SuperAwos Sebastian Airport CTAF/UNICOM 123.05
- Installation and operation in January 2012 of two wind turbine generators to reduce electric costs at the Airport facility
- Installation of 24/7 self serve aviation gas system adjacent to Airport Administration Building on the southeast ramp of the Airport
- Installation of PAPI Approach Light System on all runways
- Medium Intensity Runway Lighting (RWY 5-23)
- Numerous Security Upgrades (Proximity Badges, Cameras, Fiber Optics)
- Rehabilitation of Taxiway "A"
- Remarking/redesignation of all runways as well as reconstitution of taxiways and overruns completed January 2013.
- Underground Three-phase Power
- Water and Sewer Utility Extensions
Additionally, Airport Development Guidelines have recently been published to clarify and streamline the entire leasing process and assist prospective tenants throughout their site development.